The American Motorcyclist Association wants to remind riders about safety checks before hitting the road. They cited a T-CLOCS inspection list of items that should be checked before every ride. T-CLOCS is an acronym that stands for Tires and wheels, Controls, Lights and electrics, Oil and other fluids, Chassis, and Stands.
- Tires: Check that tires are in good shape and are inflated properly. Inspect your wheels for loose, bent, or broken spokes or dents or cracks in cast rims.
- Controls: Make sure your handlebars are straight and adjusted properly and your levers and pedals work correctly.
- Lights and Electrics: Check the function of the following: headlight, tail and brake lights, switches, wiring, and turn signals
- Oil and Fluids: Change oil regularly and check for leaks.
- Chassis: Look over your forks, rear shocks, and steering head.
- Stands: Ensure your side and/or center stand are in good condition.