One of the best parts of riding is the thrill of being on the open road. A motorcycle can take you places that a car can’t. Taking a road trip on a motorcycle provides a sense of freedom that is hard to replicate. That said, it’s important to stay alert during long treks.
Here are some valuable tips from RideApart’s Sabrina Giacomini.
- Stay hydrated – sleepiness is a major symptom of dehydration.
- Open your shield – opening your visor allows the wind to get your attention.
- Leave early – doing this ensures that your day doesn’t end past darkness, at a time when your brain naturally wants to shut down.
- Eat healthy – avoid snacks that are high in sugars and carbohydrates, as they are known to cause drops in energy.
- Music and noise – music can help keep you at high alert, provided you keep the volume low enough to be able to hear what’s happening around you.