Unfortunately, quarantine and isolation have become our new temporary normal. Tips, ideas and recommendations for how to pass time and be entertained are always welcome. Motorcyclist’s Byron Wilson penned a list of motorcycle documentaries that could serve as a pick-me-up for those who need it.
- On Any Sunday: Filmmaker Bruce Brown shows motorcycle racers, including Steve McQueen, and forms of their sport around the world. Available on Amazon Prime and iTunes.
- Hitting the Apex: The film tells the story of six fighters – six of the fastest motorcycle racers the world has ever seen – and of the fates that awaited them at the peak of the sport. Available on Amazon Prime and Tunes.
- Why We Ride: The movie tells the stories of racers and everyday riders, looks at some of the ancillary industries and activities around riding, and provides cinematic footage throughout. Available on Amazon Prime and iTunes.
- TT3D: Closer to the Edge: By vividly recounting the TT’s legendary rivalries and the Isle of Man’s unique road racing history, this 3D feature documentary shows why modern TT riders still risk their lives to win the world’s most dangerous race. Available on YouTube.
- 12 O’Clock Boys: Pug, a young boy growing up on a combative West Baltimore block, finds solace in a group of illegal dirt bike riders known as The 12 O’Clock Boys. Available on iTunes.