1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) – Killer robots riding killer bikes? Just don’t call it a motorcycle; this Harley-Davidson Fat Boy is, in that unforgettable Austrian accent, a “mo-tah-cycle.”
2. Top Gun (1986) – The film that answered that burning question: in a race between a Kawasaki GPZ 900 and an F-14, who would win? (The jet fighter wins but not for lack of effort on the part of the bike).
3. Kill Bill Vol.1 (2003) – Fast and nimble, the Bride’s Kawasaki ZZR 250 is the perfect way to get around Tokyo, especially if you happen to be hot on the trail of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad.
4. The Great Escape (1963) – When it comes to motorcycles in movies, there’s few nobler roles than being the vehicle Steve McQueen uses to escape from a Nazi prison camp. And that final jump… it gets us every time. In case you were wondering, it was a Triumph TR-6 Trophy 650CC, modified to look like a BMW.
5. The Motorcycle Diaries (2004) – it’s busted, leaky, and (spoiler alert!) dies before the cross-continent journey is out, but it’s hard not to love La Poderosa (The Mighty One), the little Norton 500 that could.
BONUS: The Dark Knight (2008) – Disqualified for not being an actual bike, but admit it – you’ve thought about how rapid-fire cannons like the ones on the Bat-Pod could cut down on your commute. Plus, being able to take a shortcut through the shopping mall sounds like fun.
Did we miss one of your favorite motorcycles in movies? Share your top picks in the comments section below.