Are you a smartphone user? Here are 10 motorcycle apps our MotorEagles® safety experts think are worth downloading:
Smartphone apps have become an integral part of many of our lives. Not only do they provide entertainment, but they also help us stay educated, organized and connected to the world. But some apps serve a much larger, much more important purpose – especially for motorcycle riders.
Several smart phone apps are designed to help save the lives of motorcyclists by increasing motorcycle accident awareness. The MotorEagles team took a vote and we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 motorcycle apps that can help keep you safe on the road:
- Auto accident assistant: Not being seen by other motorists is one of the top causes of motorcycle accidents. That’s why Elk & Elk’s personal injury lawyers developed the auto accident assistant app. This app allows you to log the information of a motorcycle crash, including vehicle information, date, location, time and contact information. It also lets you call emergency contacts, take photos of the damage, locate nearby tow and taxi services and submit a PDF version of the accident report to the police.
- Beat the Traffic: Beat the Traffic app is the easiest way to check local road conditions so you can avoid traffic jams and difficult traffic situations. This app also provides detailed information on motor vehicle crashes and construction zones.
- Best Biking Roads: Whether you’re looking for great motorcycle roads near you or you’re thinking about taking that once-in-a-lifetime motorcycle trip, Best Biking Roads is one of the largest motorcycle touring resources available, offering more than 6,500 route reviews from motorcyclists around the world. No matter your level of experience, you’re guaranteed to find a ride that suits you.
- Dynolicious: Dynolicious reminds you to ride within your limits. This app uses your smartphone’s built-in accelerometer to measure your vehicle’s acceleration, horsepower and other performance metrics. You can also share the results of your bike’s performance with your Facebook and Twitter fans. Whether you’re a die-hard rider or just starting out, Dynolicious is a valuable tool for all motorcyclists.
- iBike Rider: Multi-tasking while driving is one of the top causes of all motor vehicle crashes. iBike Rider for Android enables you to configure the button presses of your headset to control your smartphone so you can avoid common roadway distractions. iBike Rider allows you to listen to music, make voice commands, dial out, answer and end phone calls, adjust the volume and much more without ever having to touch your phone.
- AroundMe: This app allows you to quickly find nearby gas stations, hotels, restaurants, supermarkets and much more. AroundMe identifies your current location and shows you the route and distance to your destination. This app is great for long rides and for traveling to unfamiliar places.
- AccuFuel: AccuFuel is a fuel efficiency tracker that helps you determine how to change your driving habits based on how much fuel your motorcycle burns. With rising gas prices, AccuFuel can help you save money by being mindful of your driving behavior.
- Motorcycle Minder: Motorcycle minder allows you to log and keep track of all your motorcycle and maintenance needs, services and repairs. This app reminds you to take care of your motorcycle so you can extend the life of your bike and avoid unnecessary troubles.
- Speedometer: Speedometer reminds you to slow down and drive safe. It features time, distance and speed tracking so you can set your speed limit and be warned when you exceed that limit.
- BikeBandit: If you ever need to order parts for your bike, BikeBandit offers motorcycle parts and diagrams for thousands of motorbikes, motorcycles, dirt bikes and more. This convenient app allows you to purchase new items from any place at any time, and it’s great for anyone who needs to make bike repairs.
The MotorEagles team hopes these apps will make it easier for you to ride safe. Of course, if you’re involved in a serious crash through no fault of your own, you need the best personal injury representation, contact a personal injury lawyer after a motorcycle accident. Our MotorEagles® safety team can help you get your life back on track.